Review: Scarlet

Title: Scarlet
Author: A.C. Gaughen
Source: Purchased

Goodreads Summary & Cover:
Many readers know the tale of Robin Hood, but they will be swept away by this new version full of action, secrets, and romance. 
Posing as one of Robin Hood’s thieves to avoid the wrath of the evil Thief Taker Lord Gisbourne, Scarlet has kept her identity secret from all of Nottinghamshire. Only the Hood and his band know the truth: the agile thief posing as a whip of a boy is actually a fearless young woman with a secret past. Helping the people of Nottingham outwit the corrupt Sheriff of Nottingham could cost Scarlet her life as Gisbourne closes in.
It’s only her fierce loyalty to Robin—whose quick smiles and sharp temper have the rare power to unsettle her—that keeps Scarlet going and makes this fight worth dying for.

My Thoughts:
Scarlet was a fun read! A.C. Gaughen's spin on the character "Will" Scarlet was very interesting. I could only keep imagining Christian Slater as a girl. Haha! +1 if you get it!

The book was full of secrets, romance, thievery, suspense, and more romance.

Robin and his band was a great group! They worked well together. Scarlet was not quite in with them wholly, but stole and helped people as much as Robin, John, and Much.

The ending definitely left me wanting more. I wanted to see what would happen after...well...after! Just go ahead and read it so you'll know what I mean. I need some friends to speculate with and make up our new ending!

My Rating:
Loved, loved, LOVED it! Amazing storytelling! Great character change and set-up! So glad I finally pulled this from my shelves to read.


As far as I know, Scarlet is still a stand alone book. If it turns out to have a sequel someday, I'll be happy! :)

3 comments:

  1. I loved this book too, and I get your reference woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sound great... Great review.. :)

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, Lisa! This one looks really good!

    ReplyDelete